View Single Post
Old 03-13-2007, 03:41 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default need help with toothpaste/mouth cleaning

Help!
Remember me? I swallowed liquid chloral hydrate and had a neuropathic (burning)reaction in my lips, gums, teeth, etc. Ended up in the hospital. So Severe. I get about 25 shots each week in my mouth, face, gums to help calm down the nerves. It is slowly improving. However, I cannot use any toothbrush as it irritates the gums and also cannot use any toothpaste wit with mint as it does the same. Gums,lips, teeth start burning. I try using a very diluted solution of baking soda to clean my teeth and use the sponge swabs. However, this is already a month of this and I know I am getting set up for major dental problems. Does anyone know of a toothpaste with anti cavity properties, etc. that does not contain mint or anything harsh to trigger off the burning pain. Forget sensodyne - doesn't do it. Arm and Hammer has mint in it too. Saw tea tree oil toothpaste. . Husband tried it first and said it was a bit strong - I shouldn't try it.
Help! I am a faithful teeth cleaning person. I see a perio every 3 months for cleaning. Have a lot of gum recession so nerves are pretty exposed.
Any products ideas?
Sydney
Sydney is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote