View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 01:48 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

when I did copaxone, I somehow got a deal for only having to pay $50 a month. (went up and down a couple of times on cost. Not sure why)

I dont remember what I had to do to get the C for $50 a month. Not sure if it was some special deal with my insurance, or if it was a deal with shared solutions.

Quit Copaxone in...2009? 2008? after suffering a year or two of harpooning myself. The C ruined my skin on my stomach and thighs, and I was getting a LOT of yeast infections that was apparently a side effect from the C. I think it was the yeastie beasties that annoyed me so much that I quit the C.

Well, the yeast infections, and my neurologist making the mistake of telling me that he didnt think ANY of the injectible drugs worked for MS was what made me stop taking the C.

Took anywhere from 6 months to a year (cant remember now) for the constant yeastie beasties to go away.

I didnt feel as if the C was helping me anyways. I was having just as many exacerbations a year on the C as I've had being off the C.

What really annoyed the heck out of me, were the constant calls from Shared Solutions. They'd call up to make sure I'd been stabbing myself with their crap, and if I gave any kind of indication that I skipped a shot, I'd get lectured by the person on the phone. If they'd been in the room with me, I'm sure they'd be doing the whole pointy finger and yelling at me kind of lecture. They were really really nasty. (I'm not a fan of that company at all. Wish they'd take me off their spam email list)

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (08-08-2011), dmplaura (08-08-2011), SallyC (08-08-2011)