View Single Post
Old 09-18-2006, 11:46 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Cognitive flare?

Hi All! I read alot over on the old BT and was so happy to find this one. After three years of symptoms I showed my first lesions back in May, giving me the 'probable' diagnosis.

I started having some pretty bad cognitive issues last Saturday (a week ago saturday) that were showing no signs of letting up. I finally called my neuro and saw him on wednesday. He wants another MRI done today...if I wasn't feeling better.

Here's my question: I'm feeling a little better. My words and thinking are still messed up, but my 'head in the clouds feeling' is letting up some. I already had a follow up MRI scheduled for November and I'm wondering if I should wait until then. Can you have a flare that is only cognitive issues? And if there's new inflamation going on will it still show in November?

You see, my insurance only covers 80% for the MRI's and the doc has ordered it for the brain, c-spine and thoracic spine. I'm sure you all know how much that will cost. I guess that's my main reason for hesitation. What if it dosn't show any changes and I need to do it again in 6 months? But if it does show changes I can get started on treatment. Ugh.

Thanks for any advice that you can give.

Last edited by daphne; 09-18-2006 at 11:47 AM. Reason: spelling oops
daphne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote