View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 10:34 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Indian clubs are working well

Several months ago I bought some little 1 pound Indian clubs to experiment with and I have to say, I really like them. I've been using them a lot for some of my shoulder and arm exercises. They came with an instructional DVD, "Club swinging with Dr. Ed Thomas". At first, I just practiced doing some of the exercises on the DVD freehand, without the clubs, because my range of motion wasn't good enough, but I'm getting to where I can do a few of them with the clubs now. They really help to loosen up the shoulders and arms. To be honest, I'm really surprised that I'm able to do some of these exercises without flaring myself up.

I also just play around with them a lot and make up my own exercises. Holding the club allows you to relax your arm, and just let the weight and leverage of the club stretch everything out. It feels really good. It's much different than lifting a weight, and since you can move in three dimensions, it gets all your joints working together. I also think the twisting and turning movements are really good for breaking up the muscle fibers and adhesions.
Coop42 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote