View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 02:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

There are a lot of things in the Wii Fit that would probably be good--lots of yoga stuff that involves balance and centering your weight and all. Downhill skiing makes you balance and shift, also, and of course, the ski jump (had to help my little daughter learn the tricks so that she could beat her older brother) And lots of exercising stuff, too.

In fact, I should probably pull the thing out and use it myself, along with built-in dizziness problems, I have a bad disc at L2-3 sometimes pushing on the nerve to my left leg, makes it hurt from mid-outer thigh down through knee, and weakens the leg, but my right knee is kaput so I can't use it bent, only locked, so my left leg has to haul me up and down stairs and up and down from sitting and all, and when it's weaker because the back-thing is acting up, that knee is in danger of blowing also, so training my left leg to keep track of what it is doing BEFORE I feel the "OW!" could only be a good thing. (If I blow the left knee, I dunno what I will do. Life is hard enough having to one-leg it up and down every single stairway and even up or down a curb.) Just looked at some pictures I took of my daughter in her Colonial Day costume, every one is crooked, guess I was leaning to the left a bit too much. (I used to be a professional-quality photographer.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trappednerve View Post
winic1 thank you SO MUCH!!!! I just looked it up and that is exactly what I was wanting

so that solves that

I am still wondering about strengthening a denervated leg. I guess I can strengthen it a bit but if anyone has any info on that I would really appreciate it.

thanx again winic1, you made my day- the last time I looked into the wii I did not see that balance page.
winic1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote