View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 05:37 PM
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

no swelling, no arm or hand color changes?

From your list right now I would guess more nerve symptoms, unless something else comes up.
But I am not a dr or an expert at any of this - my disclaimer LOL. Just lots of reading around the forums for many years and my own observations/experiences.

Do you have to put in specific constant hours of work or can you break your work day up and put in plenty time for rest & self care?

like 4 hrs work with breaks and then a few hrs off for R&R, and then back to work 4 hrs?

There's a spoons analogy, or Sharon Butler has a money analogy on uses vs recovery time.

say you start a day with 100.00 = every time you use bad posture or repetitive actions you take away a dollar - every time you rest or do self care you add a dollar back.

I know in just a few hrs when I was working I was at 0 quite soon.
I didn't have much job flexibility in a production assembly setting...
If I had known about TOS at the time, I would have applied for other jobs in the company that were less demanding. More brain work & less intensive & repetitive stuff.

Sharon also talks about sticky tissues & adhesions that can seem to cause some very annoying sx too.
These sticky tissues can stick to nerves lymph, and vascular.

I think I have the sticky fascia issues
Once I got out of the worst of symptoms - a few years later, now I can do pretty much normal activities, but still have to be aware of what might be a problem maker and take extra time for R&R.
"Thanks for this!" says:
khakis (03-29-2012)