View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 06:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanna1 View Post
I also do hope that you are feeling better by now. I had a tooth extraction about three weeks ago, two teeth.

Here in Germany we usually get things like "Paroex gum" for gently rinsing the mouth after the extraction (a couple of hours later). Sage tea is also perfect. Never touch the fresh wound and do not rinse vigorously). The pain should be gone after a couple of days.

I have to admit that I never would go on a holiday - not to speak of woods with no doctor around - with such wounds and inflammations. I also skipped our summer holidays for fear that something bad might happen.

All the best to you.

KR
Monica
I have been rinsing with salt water all along and still am. I finished the first bottle of antibiotics feelt not too bad could not stop the max dose of ibuprophen as there is still pain. Finished those drugs on wed by sat the headache and diareah were back so was the head ache despite the ibuprophen so I went to the clinic the doctor there gave me more of the same antibiotic as it seem to work the fist time just was not long enough I guess. There is even more jaw bone exposed at this point I have not been back to the dentist or the dental surgeon. At this point I think that tooth was infected possibly since the first filling on June 30 and that would explain it not freezing for the root canal attempt in July. The wk after the tooth came out I was just plain sick no appetite headache was constant with or without pain pills such at t#3 or perkacet... after 4days on antibiotics I felt better when I stopped taking them I was sick a few days later.
I am currently on 500mg of amoxacillan have it for 10 days this time last time it was 7 days. so I should be done them next wk I am not going to bother with any more dentists until I finish these meds as I am afraid what they will do to me.
I am not happy with the care I received seems to me they should have sought out the reason the tooth was so painful and would not freeze. A preventative antibiotic would have spared me this long drawn out situation. The site seems to be healing just very slowly the hole itself I mean the bone as I said above is more and more exposed every wk.
Considering I had two dentists working on this issue do you not think one of them should have suspected an infection? They told me themselves there could be things going on that would not show on xray immediately as there was nothing on the xray according to both of them... just a swollen mouth and tons of pain.
btdt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote