Thread: Mixing up words
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 07:21 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

along with mixing up words and parts of words, I'm still getting the blanks on things, and I feel this kind of confusion in my head, because at the time I don't know what it is that I know I want to talk about, if that makes any sense. The other day I wanted to say something about something that involved the front walkway (which is brick, runs alonjg the front of the house after you go down the three steps of our wooden porch), and I ended up vaguely waving my hand in the direction of the front window and saying something like "...out .... out...... there..... the wood.... the steps, wood .... that... there, out..." and I knew there was something out there I needed to name, but I had no idea, like I couldn't even picture the thing. I'm just lost. Fortunately it isn't happening this bad very much, but it is so freaky when it does.

Finally had a doppler ultrasound of carotids/vertebrals last week, don't know results yet, but they did it with me laying flat and my bad arm down at my side, still. The only time I ever lay flat, for the last 20 months, is to be tested in some way or other. So who knows if there was anything to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katie71083 View Post
I usually say something similar to what I mean. For example, I might say, "Can you bring me my feet?" instead of "Can you bring me my shoes?"

They're amusing little moments to lighten the day.

And, I disagree that slowing down will make a difference. If I am asked to repeat myself, it still comes out the same. If I try to figure out what I said that's wrong, I usually can't until someone points it out.
winic1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote