View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 08:16 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I'm so sorry to hear that your crps isn't under control. I was in a similar situation in May of this year as my pain managment dr of 4 yrs released me when my pain levels wear unbearable and I lost all my functionality again but this time from the crps symptoms increasing.
I too had a visit with a new pm Dr and the first visit he said we have done everything we can do and that I needed to accept my situation and get used to all the meds... Then the 2nd visit (like 2 weeks later) he said that he recommended removing all my meds. I think their are alot of pm clinics that only treat minor pain issues and that is why we get the run around half the time.
However, at that time I would have welcomed death and my pain meds were not helping fight the pain like they use too. I tried for an entire year to find a medication regime and by the end I was on 50mcg of fentanyl, 60 IR oxycodone, and percocet as needed and I was still miserable so I thought why not try to get rid of these meds? But surely I would need a replacement treatment so I did the 5 day outpatient high dose ketamine before the detox process.
I just finished detoxifying off of everything (the patch was really hard as I was so sick from withdrawals.) My pain levels are Lower then what they were with the pain meds so maybe it is possible that these meds can make us worse when at such a high level. Now that I'm detoxed we plan on re-introducing a couple of Norcos per day and that starts tomorrow. This disease is a crazy hard disease to fight and I was never so mad as I was when I was withdrawing because it was literally like withdrawing from heroine and not one dr had warned me that I would get so sick. I hope to never go back to the high doses of narcotics but honestly I will do anything if there is the slightest chance of it helping with the pain and in my case I really do feel so much relief.
Sarah
Swatgen27 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
wswells (08-09-2011)