View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 08:30 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Heart

Thank you all, again...

Bizi, the flight is Wednesday afternoon at two - same as I would have taken today, but 2 days later. i have to leave around 11 am to get to the airport, navigate traffic (taxi), find the counters, bustle through the bodies all exiting the country en-masse, find my airline and check in on time.

i feel bad for ppl who visit where i live this time of year. nothing works. bars/cafe's are shut down, along with many pharmacies ... and few realize you can't get so much as baby aspirin at the grocery store... it's easier to buy cigarettes or booze. many shops and restaurants are shut too.... oh what fun.

plus the transports are on extra-extra-reduced schedules... which means long waits and hours to get from point A to point B, mostly waiting in the heat (running 90's and muggy).

where i am going is apparently more touristy and my company has not reported incidents wiht things being shut but rather things seem to be quite lively.

i have pulled out a superset of clothes to pack. now i need to "edit it down." i am a bit upset because i forgot to get my only pair of black shoes repaired, and they are too broken to have done in an hour or i'd take with. they were also comfortable and would have allowed walking. i am at a loss for evening shoes to go with black clothes - and that i can wear every night without blisters.

tomorrow i finalize the baggage. i hope i see the end of the menstrual migraines too, pita on a plane i should think.

again thanks to all of you dear folks. i keep coming back here like a sort of home base. i don't know if it is addiction or a seense of safety. or both.

~ waves ~
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (08-08-2011), Dmom3005 (08-08-2011), Mari (08-08-2011)