View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 09:22 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Migraine

Quote:
Originally Posted by InHisHands View Post
Thanks for all the replies!! I appreciate it!
I have tried every over the counter drug- Excedrin, Tylenol, Motrin, Aleve... I have tried caffeine, and all that does is keep me awake.

I might try the Vick's inhaler... though scents often just make my migraines worse!

I haven't tried Topomax yet. Right now I am on 30 mg of Cymbalta, hoping that my neurologist can raise the dose, and maybe that will help.

I have one long continuous migraine, caused by the RSD in my face/ head. I cannot get it to go completely away. I had it gone, and then it became even worse when weaning off of another med (lyrica). I tried imitrex, and that worked at first, but now it doesn't work for me. I stay in a dark quiet room a lot of the time from these migraines, but am hoping soon that I can escape them altogether.

Nath, I haven't heard of the meds you mentioned, other than the cymbalta. Are they new, and specifically for migraines, or are they used off label?

Thanks for all the help and ideas!
Hello,
My doctor put me on Forcet and Treximet for my Migraines. It has worked well for me. I take the Forcet when I feel a Migraine coming on and if I am too late I take the Treximet and it knocks it right out. If your migraine is continuous. You need to boost your immune system, one way to do this is by drinking green tea twice a day. There are other ways to do it too, just Google it. Treximet is much better the Imtrex. Hope this helps.
Jackinthebox is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote