View Single Post
Old 08-09-2011, 01:26 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

FWIW:
Read if you want, JMO.
I found my true stress was when I was working those last few years. When working you can really get stressed. The pressure can be unrelenting.

Stress to me now--is a feeling of being "Overwhelmed" more so than pure stress. Stress doesn't usually go away, we can just keep adding to it unless people either take away the stress component from us, or you fill the void with a chemical if you are deplete. Many people need depression or anxiety meds because they are chemically deprived by nature, or disease of these valuable chemicals in the brain.

I find if one thing piles on top of the other, than another, than I have to go somewhere or I must do something, and my list gets longer for the day, or the week, then I get very overwhelmed. I don't get depressed or feel anxiety, more like a wringing of the hands together, like worry hands. What to do? What to do next? Pacing too.

When I force myself to tackle a problem, of try to delegate these events or tasks, then they are lessened. I am less overwhelmed and feel so much better. If I can't get my list down, I go to take my shower and have a good cry. We are given this privilege to cry, sob, rant or rave, until we feel better. I find it works for me when too much, is just too much. I like my privacy to cry.

So Debbie, sobbing or feeling tearful, a lump in the throat, water swelling up in the eyes is fine. It is our release valve, we should not feel bad using it for the purpose intended by our bodies to feel better, or take away some pain, either physical or mental pain.

Sometimes it can clear our thoughts and minds and we can see clearly the answers we were looking for. Try to toss away the stressors, don't worry about anything YOU personally can't change, like the debt ceiling. Worry about the things you really have no choice about. Or share your worries with those who can help you. Get medication if needed.

Don't ever let stress build up too heavily. It is a silent killer to other diseases.

There is a part of MS, and other Neurological diseases, or injuries, that does cause outbursts of extreme uncontrollable crying or laughing. Not many people get that. I think Montel has that problem when I watch his new videos and he discusses his health, he gets tearful.

It's called "PBA." The (emotional) "Pseudobulbar Affect," that may be caused by the brains wiring, I think. I am definitely not a doctor.

Sorry to preach or ramble on. I have family members in such situations.

May happiness be at your door. May it knock early, stay late, and leave the gift of good health behind.

"Life is what it is". We can only focus on controlling those things we can control, we must let go of the things we can't.
Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Debbie D (08-09-2011), mochagirl13 (08-09-2011), SallyC (08-09-2011)