View Single Post
Old 08-09-2011, 02:50 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Hope and kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyaV View Post
Hi Sophie,

I have been wanting to say 'hello' and encourage you in your daily struggles and hopes for the future, but have just been reading the posts on here for a while.
I also have a movement disorder, Parkinson's disease. I remember when I first noticed a slight tremor when I was about 34 yrs old. That was over 9 yrs ago, and since that first tremor, I can remember having some other not-so-obvious symptoms that started in my 20's.
I feel I can relate to you in that I also consider myself a little weird and philisofical. I simply call this being "quirky". In the dictionary it is defined as:

Adj. 1. quirky - informal terms; strikingly unconventional
far-out, offbeat, way-out, kinky
unconventional - not conventional or conformist; "unconventional life styles"

I like to think I am a non-conformist, but off-beat probably defines me better.

The reason I wanted to reply to your post was to encourage you to not give up on your plans, hopes, and ideas for the future. Hold on to them and if you have to, take baby steps towards those plans. This disorder you have might be hard to live with and even limit your abilities and mobility, but you can work around these challenges within reason. You can still accomplish what you set out to do 5 years ago. Don't give up on your dreams. Sometimes, when it gets rough, hope is the only thing we can cling to. So, have hope in a bright future and keep making plans.

My best to you,
Tonya
Hi Tonya,

Thank you for your support. I don't give up hope, but I do try to be realistic. I don't want to live every day with my mind in the future instat of today.
My doctors have told me I won't recover and I don't have to expect to go back to work again.

But as you can read in my blog; sophiebrain.wordpress.com, There is hope now. I'm on parkinson medication, but the doctors don't understand why it works. It they can prove I have a dopamine problem it will be easier for me to get new and more medication. Now I'm on a very low dosis, because they don't like experimenting. But maybe in a few months.....

I would like a personal question, if thats not a problem. I seen you have childeren. I'm told that parkinson medication and having childeren is not good for the unborn child. Where you of you medication while you where pregant? I don't have plan to get a child myself (first I have to find myself a husband ). But I get more and more the feeling that that door is closing for me.

Bye Sophie
Sophiebrain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote