Thread: Me and my brain
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2011, 09:15 AM
TonyaV

TonyaV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiebrain View Post
Hi Tonya,

Thank you for your support. I don't give up hope, but I do try to be realistic. I don't want to live every day with my mind in the future instat of today.
My doctors have told me I won't recover and I don't have to expect to go back to work again.

But as you can read in my blog; sophiebrain.wordpress.com, There is hope now. I'm on parkinson medication, but the doctors don't understand why it works. It they can prove I have a dopamine problem it will be easier for me to get new and more medication. Now I'm on a very low dosis, because they don't like experimenting. But maybe in a few months.....

I would like a personal question, if thats not a problem. I seen you have childeren. I'm told that parkinson medication and having childeren is not good for the unborn child. Where you of you medication while you where pregant? I don't have plan to get a child myself (first I have to find myself a husband ). But I get more and more the feeling that that door is closing for me.

Bye Sophie
Hi Sophie,

I do understand and admire your attitude about being realistic and not concentrating on the future. I read a lot of your blog, and have a better understanding of what you are experiencing. If the Parkinson's meds seem to be working, then it seems likely you have some form of PD. But, the brain is so complex and there's a wide range of neurological diseases/disorders with each person having not exactly the same symptoms as the next. I know from reading many forum posts that no two people are alike in all their symptoms with Parkinson's.

I do hope you will get answers soon. The doctors you have seem to be very attentive and committed to diagnosing you. I feel confident they will get to the bottom of it. Thankfully, there are some very good medications available to help with the symptoms that cause us so much distress.

I don't mind you asking me questions. If I'm able to help in any way, I would be glad to do it. Unfortunately, I can't help you with personal experience regarding pregnancy and PD meds. My second child was 3 years old when I first noticed the tremor in my hand. But, I did some research(as you probably already have) and one website said it wasn't good to take carbidopa/levodopa while pregnant. Mostly, they just advise people to talk to their doctor if trying to become pregnant or are pregnant. I would think that if a person wanted to become pregnant they could ease off the meds. and hopefully do without them until the baby is born. Natural meds/herbs could be taken in place of these, hopefully. All would have to be approved by the doctor, of course. Something to think on until you do find that husband.

Your blog is very good, Sophie. And, it is a good source of information to help those going through the same or similar experiences as you. You have a way with writing and your attitude is amazing. I'll keep checking in on it for new updates. Glad you are here for friendship and help.

Thanks for sharing,
Tonya
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote