View Single Post
Old 08-09-2011, 09:31 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
I googled it and found this site:

http://ampyra.com/home/?ssva_vid=f64...arch/index.php

"The most common side effects of AMPYRA include: urinary tract infection; trouble sleeping (insomnia); dizziness; headache; nausea; weakness; back pain; problems with balance; multiple sclerosis relapse; burning, tingling or itching of your skin; irritation in your nose and throat; constipation; indigestion; pain in your throat."

WHY does everything have to have so many side effects?? Some of the ones listed I already have with MS!!
Unfortunately every possible side effect any twit reports has to be listed. I mean really: multiple sclerosis relapse? how the heck can anyone determine what causes our relapses? Check out meds like asprin or tylenon, same thing.

The other thing I have seen in myself, on these boards and with patients in real life is the minute something changes it is all the sudden the fault of the medication. Not that new medications aren't a good suspect but for example I had a very somatic patient this weekend on a medication that he read online could cause tingling. He presented with tingling on his right side. Knowing this could be a million different serious issues we did a full assessment on him and nothing appeared anormal. I educatd him that it would be unlikely, not impossible, to have a unilateral reaction of this type. Well the next morning it had "spread" to his other side although by noon it was gone, so who knows?

FWIW I would try anything to help with mobility and if it didn't work or the side effects weren't tolerable at least I would feel like I gave it a try.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
Anonymous
Jules A is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jodylee (08-09-2011), Kitty (08-09-2011), SallyC (08-09-2011), Vonn07 (08-11-2011)