View Single Post
Old 08-09-2011, 12:10 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlilly View Post
In my personal opinion, i wouldn't trust the FDA. the don't care about anything but revenue dollars. have you heard recently how they're trying to ban a company from claiming natural walnuts have health benefits? its a natural food, not a drug! http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews...drugs-says-fda
You can say that, it makes an interesting and thought provoking post, but like everyone else in this country who purchases products off the shelves of any store, you demonstrate your trust in the FDA when you expect:

1. the thing you bought to do what the label says it will, and
2. NOT TO DIE OR BECOME ILL as a result of using it as directed.

That not only includes drugs prescription and non, but cosmetics, food supplements, tobacco products, medical supplies, veterinary products, your next flu shot, etc. etc.
And theres so much more - you expect the hamburger you buy to not be contaminated, too. All of this is the FDA at work and it's a relentless onslaught of cut corners, hackers and quackery that they have to guard us against.

You know that back in the day sleep tonics were sold to weary mothers to help get their kids to sleep ...and that over a hundred children died as a result? Labeling morphine as a sleep aid for children wasn't illegal at that time, now it is.

I know beauracracy is pain and sometimes this stuff seems ludicrous but weighed against everything else the FDA does, we're better off with the FDA than without it.
Becca44 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (08-10-2011), Blessings2You (08-09-2011), dmplaura (08-10-2011), ewizabeth (08-09-2011), Jules A (08-09-2011), Kitty (08-09-2011), SallyC (08-09-2011)