View Single Post
Old 08-09-2011, 12:14 PM
anon21816

anon21816

Heart I know exactly what you mean Sophie!

Sophie Im so sorry you are in such pain even though you have had your revision!...I know exactly what you mean when you say that 'ring of pain' I too suffer with my left legs and part of my right tbh......I have what I call a 'heaviness' around my lower back and hips as if I was carrying something extra. I often say its like I have a bag of heavy books attached to my waist and its that heaviness I feel all the time. I have awful burning this week in my leg but as usual I do overdo it at times. Once Im up and doing things Im ok for a while, but as soon as I sit then thats me for the day and I cant do anything else because I seem to seize up. So I try to go for as long as I canI know, I know.....but you know at times I just want to GET BACK TO NORMAL and do all the things I used to do!!! it drives me insane

I too wondered about the paddles although like you my Consultant isnt a Neurosurgeon either and Im sure he would be of the opinion to stick with what I have for now ....hmmmmmmm but at times I do wonder too!...I am still on my medication cos if I didnt I wouldnt be able to function at all!!!....

I have tried to cut down as much as I can which basically is that I dont take some at lunchtime and try to hold out til evening time......but definitely couldnt give them up altogether.

Its awful that your appointment was cancelled isnt that a right bummer ! Thats how I ended up waiting for my permanent implant after the trial, (4 months) because my Consultant was away, not once but twice!! and yes they do work very hard but when you know that there is something out there to help you , you want it NOW dont you!

I pray that you will feel a bit brighted real soon Sophie. Try to relax now that you are off. I know how hard it is for you but otherwise this pain wins...DONT LET IT YA HEAR!!!

Take care

Jackie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie_ View Post
Hi Karen
Hi Jackie,

I'm thinking of asking my consultant about paddles too but he's not a neuro surgeon and for that reason he might just say stick with what were doing. I like him too, he's the only Dr I've ever met that actually cares, that knows pain.

Since I got the implant i've definitely had some relief but nothing like what I was hoping for, the revision surgery I had in terms of pain didn't make any difference, I do think that that the pain is now lower, going from my lower back to a ring of pain around my hips, that ring of pain has always been there and the sacro illiac joint in my hip, apparently it's related to the facet joints, lord I dunno.

The pain sucks alot, my left leg is throbbing away and i'm sick and tired of feeling sorry for myself, sick and tired of this stupid ring of pain around my hips and it just never lets up. My muscles are jerking alot too, does anyone else have this. As for the drugs they just don't touch the pain.

Some days I cope better than others and I lie alot. I say i'm fine when actually I'm not but I guess we all do that. I'm so ****** that my consultant cancelled last weeks appointment and waiting another month really annoys me. The man is entitled to a holiday, I don't deny him that, he works hard. I've asked for a cancellation and I will ring again on Friday to see if they have one.

I really, really am struggling at the moment and i'm feeling really down. I spend all day lying down because it's when i feel less pain, thankfully right now I don't have to work. Thankfully I know myself, i'm strong, decisive and a bit of a tough cookie, i guess that's why I hide the pain so much.
I'm trying to get out and just walk even for a few minutes just to clear my head but spasms just stop that one. I guess I know what i have to do but doing it is the hard part.

Tomorrow i'm going to try and get an appointment with my GP to see if he can even help me cope with the downess, if Im stronger in myself I can cope better.

I also know that Karen and Jackie are tough ladies too, we can get through this, we can cope but it sometimes is hard to see the wood from the trees.

I'm glad to have somewhere like this to let off steam, to share especially when we're all going through the same thing.

Thanks guys,

love Sinéad
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (08-09-2011), ron h (08-09-2011), Rrae (08-14-2011), Sophie_ (08-09-2011)