View Single Post
Old 08-09-2011, 01:52 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

You won't know if ketamine is effective unless you try it, how can your docs opine on whether or not it will work for you??? To my knowledge, ketamine has the highest success rate of any treatment out there for RSD. I had no one nearby that was administering ketamine when I started, I traveled 300 miles each way for my first 20 or infusions. Then someone nearby began offering it, so now I get it here in my homestate. And I am almost certain that Dr. Schwartzman's office accepts Medicare, if he does, others may also. So, my recommendation is for you to never give up trying to get it. It took me a really, really long time ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by firegirl View Post
Thank you everyone for your replies!!!!! I recently have been seriously considering the ketamine infusions even though my docs dont think they will be effective. Also, there is nowhere around me to get them & its not practical to think that I would be able to travel back n forth that much to get them....not to mention Medicare wont cover them. Not completely ruling it out for future though.
SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ballerina (08-09-2011), betsykk (08-09-2011)