View Single Post
Old 08-09-2011, 04:51 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie_ View Post
Dear Jackie, Karen and Mark,

Thank you all for your thoughtful messages, it does help, I know I'm not alone, I guess I needed to get all of that off my chest and sharing does help.

This morning I went to see my GP, I had to wait for 2 hours in the waiting room and by that stage the doctor had to help me walk to his office LOL, kind of embarrasing but I did say I wouldn't be able to sit for long! Anyway, he was very understanding, he knew I recently had the revision surgery and I explained that in terms of pain relief it hasn't made any difference.

I showed him my list that I have for my consultant when I see him just to give him a picture of where I am. He suggested going back on the Lyrica to help the nerve pain in my leg but that was a no no considering I piled on about 2stone the last time I was on it, I still have that flaming 2stone!

He then suggested a drug called Neurontin, has anyone heard of that? I looked it up on the web and apparently it's is an anti-epileptic medication and is also used in adults to treat nerve pain. So i'll give it a try and see what happens.
As for the downess, i'm already on Cymbalta 60mg per day but he's also gave me some xanax and that does help with the nerves and helps me calm down a bit. It's basically to get me through the time when I see my consultant.

Just thought i'd fill ya's in, i'm feeling better at the moment in terms of mood

Chat soon and thanks again mis amigos

Sinéad xxxx
Hi Sophie, I'm so sorry that it's been so horrible for you!

I have been on Neurontin. It didn't help my neuropathy, and recently gave me brain fog problems, but that of course doesn't mean that your experience would be the same. I have seen people on the PN forum post that it helped them.
Mark56 (08-09-2011), ron h (08-09-2011), Rrae (09-03-2011), Sophie_ (08-09-2011)