View Single Post
Old 08-09-2011, 07:03 PM
BlueCarGal

BlueCarGal

Poll Hey there, Jacquie. Sorry for all the frustration!

Everything Mari's said is in line with my experience. When I admitted myself, I was not in good shape at all; however, I made sure friends knew I was going in & at least 1 visited me each evening. I really didn't want to be sent home after 72 hrs, & by then I'd found out that my voluntary admission didn't have beans to do with my getting out. Also, I was beginning to hear about the pdoc I had.

Her reputation was that she kept people for weeks. That 3rd evening I called my lawyer. If I hadn't, I might still be there. Granted, she did come out with the right dx, but it took her long enough. After a month, I thought I was ready to come home--so did my lawyer & my friends. But pdoc dragged it out. & dragged. My lawyer's good, though. He'd set something up early on.

The hospital didn't permit any computer use by patients. Not even smart phones. I pay my bills online & the 1st of the month was coming for the 2nd time. I had phoned the 1st time, delaying everything without financial "punishment"; I can do that 1ce a yr. My lawyer got a judge to tell them to let me use my laptop now--or else.

I guess the possibilities of this precedent shook them up so much that the next morning I got my walking papers!.

You just never know what's going to do the trick. Unless you're a lawyer, that is.

"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (08-09-2011), Just Jacquie (08-09-2011), Mari (08-09-2011)