View Single Post
Old 08-09-2011, 08:18 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default hi there... long time since we chatted!

:
Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchfri1003 View Post
Cathie,

Just went back to this site. Hope that you continue to do well. Yes the first 2 months can be difficult especially having to wear the hard collar. I hope that you have seen some bone growth at this point. Not sure how many months along you are. I am going for my 9 month check nest week. I can't believe that it has been that long. Let me know how you are doing.
------------------------------------------------------------------

12/9/2010 ACDF C5-6 C6-7 with plate, screws,
BMP & bone fragment filled cages
2/14/2011 trying to go back to work as a teacher
2/17/2011 starting PT
wearing bone stimulator 4 hours a day
DDD, arthritis, herniated disks, pinched nerves
3 months saw a little bit of bone growth (YEAH)
4/15/2011 Home Tens Unit
6/2011 end plate growth no more bone stimulator
pretty good ROM
still working on the strength
some issues with knots and spasms
Hi there,

Well, I don't have much change to report unfortunately. I am definately better then I was since my surgery (as far as my neck goes) but I still have pain and nerve damage in my hand, and a lot of pain in neck area, shoulders and traps. The pain seems to worsen when I ride in the car or do too much of any activity. The bouncing and vibration from the car is the worst though.

I'm still off work, since I need my hand in order to do my job, but I have a target return to work date from WSIB at the end of Sept. We'll see how that goes. My neuro thinks I may need a second operation on my ulnar nerve and wrist to fix the nerve pain in my hand. I don't want any more surgeries right now. So it's a wait and see if it heals on its own.

I haven't any idea if I have bone growth yet, I don't have another followup for a month, and last checkup showed nothing. I'm at the 5 month post-op mark now.

Tired of hurting all the time. It seems like everyday has to be planned around my pain and issues. Lots of resting and lying flat to relieve neck pain and pressure. Would like to get back to normal soon.

My family dr put me on a new medication for nerve pain, Cymbalta, so far it hasn't done a whole lot, it helped with my mood and coping with the chronic pain, but I don't see much pain relief except for the burning pain when I wake up in the morning, that seems to have calmed down with this. And it makes me sleep like a rock! LOL. The first week I took it during the day and slept for a week straight. Now I take it in the evening and it seems to be good.

Well, that's about all the news with me, thank you for checking in on me. How are you feeling now? Has all the issues with your fingers been resolved? What ended up happening with that?

Hope you are having a great summer.
Take care, Cathie
cath1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote