Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyM View Post
I won't turn my back on the Indians because they are suffering more than any other people I know in this country. It's because of us and no one seems to care.
I care Kathy

I guess my feelings are that I try never to lump all in the same barrel

I have learned that there are sincere and insincere people in every facet of life, and so I try to know the person for themself and not pre- judge them for their "label"
and
because in all my time of knowing you, you seem to have the same openess and willingness to see beyond a label, I couldnt imagine you bearing hatred toward all New Agers and all Christians.... I hope

I had to help my son with a school project on the crusades, and being highschool work, some of the references I pulled up for him to work from were pretty detailed
I cringed once again, as did he, in being reminded of that, especially with the extra backdrop of some mind boggling historical notes

and there is MUCH in the history of Christianity that I find apalling.

But the Jesus I follow did not advocate violence nor did his disciples, who established the early church...when they were called The People of The Way a label I much prefer

What many people have done in the name of Christ is abhorrent to me, but that is not the Way that I follow nor do I find those things anywhere sanctioned by the Jesus I believe in. And I know many who feel the same and also of the countless numbers who show the love of God by sincerely caring and helping and sharing whatever they can, They are just being the witness with their lives.

anyway
I digress

My purpose here was to tell you that I DO care about the American Indians.
It stems from my roots in South Africa and the plight of the native people there under an awfully unjust system that horrified me as a child.

And, although a totally unique situation here, yet some of the history of the two countries has parallels that have left awful scars on the native people and their culture

I care deeply Kathy
and I am so sorry for the pain and awful devastation that people, whatever lable they have , are causing for the American Indians by trying to intrude even more into what is sacred and precious to them

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.

Last edited by Chemar; 03-13-2007 at 07:27 PM. Reason: spelling