View Single Post
Old 08-09-2011, 11:22 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Welcome Back! I was thinking about you the other day. Sad its under these conditions...

How did the ketamine infusions help you? Maybe that is something to look into again, because I know thats relief for alot of people. Last year I had my hand slammed in the door at the hospital and ketamine calmed the rsd down alot. That is what helps me the MOST when something like that happens... ALSO when you get hurt, get a nerve block helps. It is temporary but helps the NEW rsd, it doesnt help the old rsd that we have had for years but it helps the new rsd for sure.

Also, on the side just being sprained. get Arnica Montana they sell it in disolvable tablets and a gel and put it on your wrist where you sprained it and it will speed up the healing. You can find it at a health food store... not sure the names of the stores in Australia. Also, soak it in warm water with Epsom salts to help with the inflammation and help heal the sprain faster..

Also, getting on neurontin for a few weeks is ALWAYS a great idea for injuries to calm everything down.

So sorry your rsd flared up so badly with this.... I hope somebody on here can give you some new information. I am going through a possibility of having lupus along with rsd, so I am just trying to live as well, and my rsd is through the roof. Hang in there Kate. I hope this finds you some relief.

Hannah
hannah1234 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Cake (08-15-2011)