View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 12:03 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Abby, I think all of us here totally get that saving energy thing. Every single day I miss being "normal" and being able to have significant and meaningful conversations with people. Or to get up and do anything I want. But, no, MG "decides" what I can or can't do. Family was over this past weekend and the socializing was too much for my MG. I haven't been that bad in awhile. It was worth it but it also made me have renewed sadness and anger because, even when I do socialize, I'm not normal enough or strong enough to say or do what I want. BTW, I'm glad you still want to be in contact with people from your past. Those who I want to be, I am. Most of those who I'm not, I frankly don't care about seeing again. There are a handful I wonder about and miss but they're off having their own life.

Alice, No good teacher would let a student get away with "yes or no" criticism. My Dad was a debate coach, so critical thinking was in the mix since birth. Sure, it's nice to have compliments like, "I like your hair." No one has to say that it's the angle of the cut or the highlights or whatever. It's nice when people are nice. But when it comes to something you have worked on, put your heart into, then it's important to be thoughtful about any critique. I think your son must be very smart. And brave to say what he needs from his parent. But not all kids are that way. Some are really shy and I think it's those kinds of kids that have the hardest time in any social media. They can take things very personally and to heart.

Sue, Have you ever looked at something or ordered something on-line and then had that store pop up in another site? Google does all this cross-marketing all the time. Really creeps me out some days. But then there are times when it makes me laugh hysterically, like when they put up female singles on a computer game page. Sorry, but if I could "date" it would be a man!

Gabriella, Well, that's a very useful way to use Facebook. Though, I often email or send disks to my family of photos or movies. Even emailing isn't private. You can always put something up that says you're allergic to political conversations. You know, I don't know why people run for the hills when they learn someone is sick. We're not contagious, we don't want to talk about our illness nonstop and we WANT to be treated normally. So much prejudice, so little time.

Alice, they are starting to make "intelligent" computers in Japan and that is simply scary. And when you are dealing with cancer or something equally serious, why 30 days? As if a patient will get all better in that time period. It's stupid.

I entered this contest not because I wanted to win but because I'm still so sad over the loss of my dog Teddy that I needed a distraction this week. I don't think I've ever been this sad, actually. And when I create, I lose all track of time and space. It takes its toll though and my MG has been bad this week. I doubt I'll enter a contest with my work again. It interferes with why I do it in the first place - out of sheer love of it.

I "like" the feedback you guys gave. It was helpful, considerate, supportive and you brought things up which are good to think about. That and it's great to have a place to go to vent, especially when you don't have a lot to give anymore. I'm so tapped out right now. Thanks for being there.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote