View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 01:11 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejibo View Post
Like was it the bread, the au jus or the cheese on my roast beef sandwich. not to mention the nitraites and nitrates and probably MSG in the juice...i had a bad bad headache after, and while that used to be my fav sandwich, I dont ever want another! I tried plain chicken last night. nothing on it, or in it, just a roasted chicken with light home made seaonings. no headache. I felt sluggish and worn out after eating it, but no headache.

I will be trying to add in one food at a time till I find which triggers exist. Im going to be really upset if Gluten is a trigger.
There is no harm in eliminating gluten, I'd say go for it! A lot of people are gluten intolerant without being actually celiac. The fact that you got a headache eating bread is your body is trying to tell you something!!!
(Personally when I gave up gluten for 3 months then ate a wholemeal muffin I ended up crashing out on the couch for 4 hours and woke up sneezing with allergies!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejibo View Post
I ate some wild caught fresh salmon...no headache! I had some organic chicken. no headache. I had a hard boiled egg. no headache. I am adding foods in one by one to see which one triggers me. it maybe that I had several triggers and didnt know it.
This might seem obvious... but you should focus on protein! If you're tolerating fish, poultry, beef, eggs etc then its a good idea to make these a large portion of your diet going forward. and tasty too!

A detox like you've done is a great way for people to eat clean and slowly re-introduce foods to their diet, and then observe if any items irritate them. Now you've learnt to listen to you're body

“If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” T. Jefferson.
Tigerlilly is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dmplaura (08-10-2011)