View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 06:24 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Whats funny about it is that she tried to tell me I was being unreasonable in refusing this med until my doctor is covered and she proceeded to tell me that they can give me antibiotics with the infusion to ward off the infection. My question is... I have been on this drug for a year and a half and had 18 infections, 18 trips to the pcp, 18 trips to the pharmacy, and 20 rounds of antibiotics. WHY have they not offered this before??

She tried to bully me into taking the drug and I was frustrated to the point of tears. The conversation ended with me telling her if the doctor wants to discuss this, she may contact me but I refuse to deal with this nurse ever again. When she again tried to bully me asking me why I would prefer a wheelchair I told her I would prefer that she go %^&* herself and hung up the phone.

This is ridiculous. ANd I went through the same carp when I came off of copaxone. They tried the same thing when I stopped Avonex, but once they realized that I had an allergic reaction, they backed off.

And to be perfectly honest, if being in a wheelchair meant my entire month wasn't scheduled around dr's appts and knowing I will spend 2 weeks fighting an infection and I had the energy that I do today... I would gladly pick the chair.

I am not spoiled!
legzzalot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dmplaura (08-10-2011), hollym (08-10-2011), SallyC (08-10-2011)