Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlilly View Post
by the way I found this interesting:
http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/738740

bascially it is understood that autoimmune diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, Sjögren’s, multiple sclerosis, occur at much higher rates in celiac patients. So people with MS will usually find they react to gluten.
My daughter is severe celiac, so we went decades with NO gluten at all in this home, and I still got MS. Since she has grown up, and left the nest, I returned gluten to my diet, and have seen no better or worse effects. Last year when my tummy went completly crazy i have 4 biopsies done at 4 differnt times and in four different sections of my tummy to check for celiac and or a thickening of the stomach lining and intestine lining which happens frequently in celiac patients. This is one of the most researched and and tested for diseases in my home.

It is so true that many many many MS patients get great relief by removing celiac and gluten products from their diets. I hope everyone at least once cuts gluten from their diets for 14 days and then judges how they feel once they add it back in. With the supermarket full of GF products now its easier than ever.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dmplaura (08-10-2011)