View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 07:23 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy.girl View Post
I have had the burning mouth for about a year now. Can't imagine having it as long as you! Mine is not as bad in the mornings, but by the afternoon, it is killing me. Ice water feels wonderful, and if I miss a dose of my Neurontin....it gets worse!!
I'm the same with Clonazepam.. I tried to cut back to .5mg daily (I'm at .75mg daily now) and the burning came back full force.

Yesterday the pain was through the roof, honestly. Think I 'overdid' it and caused a flare up.

I find that Stride peppermint gum (their b12+b6 gum as well, "Kinetic Mint") eases my BMS tremendously.

I tried to 'pin' the BMS on something for years that triggered it (medications, dental work, allergies, etc) and can't find ANY cause, save for what neuros have told me: Brain stem lesion. Seeing as how I suffer from Trigeminal Neuralgia as well, affecting the nerves into the head/face, it certainly makes sense that MS caused 'wiring' damage, thus the BMS.

I had my vitamin etc levels fully checked, checked for every A/I disease possible, various other blood work/investigation. All came out 'healthy', save for the MS.

Such a frustrating condition to 'guess' it's the MS.. but then again, doctors and neurologists play the 'guessing game' with the McDonald's criteria daily to diagnose MS. So much uncertainty with this disease.

Thank you Sally you're awesome!
05/2008 - Relapse
05/2008 to 02/2009 - Copaxone
10/2011 - Relapse - Optic Neuritis developed
9/2012 - Relapse - Balance issues 1 sided
8/2012 - Erythema Nodosum - diagnosed 10/2012, reaction to Topiramate (Topamax)
April 7/14 - Raynaud's Syndrome DX
dmplaura is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
daisy.girl (08-10-2011), SallyC (08-10-2011)