View Single Post
Old 09-18-2006, 12:08 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Linda,

Thanks for the reply...I thought there was discussion about this...I was told that there is no way the rotator cuff will repair itself, that new literature proves this out and they want me to allow them to do surgery. They told me where my tear is that it will not heal that with PT the tear will only get worse and scar tissue will form and I will be living with pain forever. I cannot determine if they are trying to scare me or telling me the truth. I have been to two docs and two have told me the same thing. I am making a call after noon to a third for yet a third opinion....I have had two shots into the right shoulder and it has helped with that one and one into the left and that shoulder is doing much better. Truthfully, unless the pain comes back, I am not going for the surgery...My body cannot take any more pain, but the shoulders were so painful I was ready to rip my head off too...It was getting the shots that helped with that pain....

Gloria

8/17/05 - Cervical Fusion - C4-5, 5-6, 6-7 - Anterior and Posterior Fusion with plate in front and rods and screws in the rear - Corpectomy at C-4 and C-5 and microdisectomy at C6-7.

1/4/05 - Lumbar Laminectomy -L3, L4, L5, S1, S2 Obliteration of Tarlov Cyst at S2. Failed surgery!
GJZH is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote