View Single Post
Old 08-11-2011, 09:41 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

I talked to my primary care doctor about all of this. He is a great doctor who actually listens. And he says under no circumstances should I have this infusion until the insurance is straight and the antibiotics are covered. He says the reason they never offered the IV antibiotics at the time of infusion is because it would do me no good the following week when I get sick. He has not seen any hard data to suggest that IV antibiotics are at all effective for the delayed effects of the Ty and most importantly....

Who is going to pay for that shot of antibiotics at the hospital? Because once again, Biogen would ONLY cover the Ty. He also went ont o give me a list of neurologists in the area and he reminded me that my neuro works for me, not the other way around. Although he agrees I should be back on the TY, he also agrees I should not be bullied into it, and neither should I go into it not knowing when the insurance is going to pick back up. This is something I need to be prepared for because it is my body and I am the one who gets to live with the side effects.

THANK YOU DR RAGHU!!

I am not spoiled!
legzzalot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dmplaura (08-11-2011), NurseNancy (08-11-2011), SallyC (08-11-2011), tkrik (08-11-2011)