View Single Post
Old 08-11-2011, 09:45 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwk View Post
Hi Ed, I have good, bad, and ok days. i know what you mean. i am glad you have a good day on your b day. I just saw my neuro yesterday and he said for me to take my gabapentin 3 times a day instead of 2 times a day. So, i am to take 1800mgs(600in morning, 600afternoon, and 600 evening) I was taking 900 in the morning and 900 at night. i am not sure if this will help or not. I am afraid the 600 will not be enough. He also gave me some tramadol if needed. i am not comfortable with that yet. What are your meds and how are they spaced? i just turned 35 and this is just crazy! They think my neuropathy was caused by an autoimmune attack on my nerves. I have 2 kids and i am so frustrated. Who is your neuro? i see Dr. Nash at Ortho Nero in New Albany. I hope you are having an ok/good day!
Danielle
Danielle, I'm having an OK day today... hopefully, it will stay that way as the kids are looking forward to fishing this afternoon/evening. Currently, I'm on Neurontin 3600 total (1200mg in the morning, afternoon and evening), Tramadol ER (200mg 1 time a day), Tramadol (60 mg when needed), Cymbalta (60mg 1 time a day), and just started (almost 3 months ago) Nortriptyline (10 mg x 2 just before bed time). My symptoms started in 2006 and have kinda stabilized (I think) with all of the meds. My Neurologist (Reagan Miller of Mount Carmel Neurology East) is trying to find a better (and cheaper) anti-depressant that will work so that we can start cutting back the Neurontin. Currently, I'm max'ed out in the Neurontin area. I was on Neurontin in 1999 to 2004 (weened myself off) after a hunting accident left me with bullet fragments in my left thigh (long story if you want to hear it). I do have the Liza Jane's spreadsheets somewhat filled out for my next appt. (August 23). Hopefully, we can find something that works better. Right now, everything is OK but think it could be better (without getting on the heavy duty pain meds). Dr. Miller is great at working with me to trying new things out and also digging in.
Ed A is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote