View Single Post
Old 08-11-2011, 10:31 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejibo View Post
when I quit copaxone, they really gave me a hard time, and scared the DH to peices. Kept saying that I would end up in a wheel chair, and how dramatic the next flair would be, and did I really want to risk that?? it was so scary! it was THEM causing the stress, and trying to make me feel like I was quitting on myself.

I will tell you in the year since I quit I am healthier, stronger, faster, in a better mood, and can get more of my life completed without dragging thru my day sick and beaten up.

I just hate to hear about doctors using scare tactics to get people to take medications. As much uncertainty as there is about MS it always amazes me when a doctor can predict something so drastic....such as ending up in a wheelchair. Why can't they tell us when we're going to have an exacerbation......or a UTI.....or ON?
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dmplaura (08-11-2011), Judy2 (08-12-2011), legzzalot (08-11-2011), SallyC (08-11-2011)