View Single Post
Old 08-11-2011, 10:39 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

okay .. here I am

now - this med has the same side effects as almost EVERYTHING else .. except ... if YOU suffer from any type of seizures the doctor will not put you on it ...

let's see - as of yesterday - I've started AMPYRA ... one tablet in the morning and one when I go to bed ...

the other morning (I believe it was tuesday) .. I got up, walked to the bathroom to clean up and thought 'HEY, you weren't stiff getting outta bed and trying to stand up!!' ... it was a praise report for myself ... haven't said anything to the doctor yet ...

BUT, I do know - that if I try to stand for TOO long, the hip pain starts up - but, then I know it's time to relax and enjoy quiet time (a good movie)

I've also increased my fruits and vegetables (if you don't eat enough - try the new FRUIT FUSION from V8 ... it also comes in 6-pk cans) ...

I hope this has helped ... this is just me (I did ask EddieF on a PM about it - and he encouraged me to try - if I qualified) ...

now, my MS doctor brought it up - I didn't ... so, emphasize your hip pain and walking/standing ... AND you will need to get a Pre-Authorization from your doctor for the prescription ..

PS: I also sleep good at night .. which has helped ... keep me posted!!

RRMS - April 2007

It takes only a single idea,
a single action to move the world!

The Power of One!
Vonn07 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jodylee (08-11-2011), Jules A (08-11-2011), Kitty (08-11-2011), SallyC (08-11-2011), tkrik (08-11-2011)