View Single Post
Old 03-13-2007, 08:11 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Sydney,

My aunt absolutely hates mint, and for years she used plain baking soda as her toothpaste. A few years ago she found a toothpaste made by Tom's of Maine - I forget the actual flavor, but it was something fruity (strawberry or raspberry I think). My sister uses a toothpaste made by the Burt's Bees company and I think it is Lavender flavored. I tried it once it is was very soft - it didn't have any of the grittyness to it that many toothpastes have and the flavor seemed weird to me because I prefer mint flavored toothpaste, but it wasn't a bad flavor (just different to me).

I use Biotene toothpaste because I have dry-mouth (biotene is a dry mouth product) and it is very gentle and the flavor is very mild - but there is a hint of mint in the flavor, so that might be too harsh for your mouth.

Another idea would be to try a toothpaste (and even a toothbrush) that is for children. They tend to be more mild and gentle.

I hope that helps.

Take care,
Liz
Wittesea is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote