View Single Post
Old 08-11-2011, 11:06 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default seronegative MG vs. CMS

Yes, this is Abby questioning her diagnosis yet again. How do people with seronegative MG ever banish the specter of adult-onset congenital myasthenic syndromes?

I am the second of eight children. I know some forms of CMS are recessive. None of my siblings have symptoms...or do they? I have one sister who has been dragging herself around as long as I've known her. She's 39.

Besides testing negative for antibodies, I have little or no ocular symptoms. I also don't respond to Mestinon. I am thinking Dok-7. But, my first symptoms hit two years ago, when I was 43, which is unheard of (I read that symptoms can appear as late as age 30, but that even that is rare).

On the other hand, my overwhelming memory of childhood is being tired. I remember walking home from school every day, just dragging my feet. I looked up the distance: it was only half a mile. I spent long hours lying in bed reading.

I'm poking around on the internet, of course. I'm also taking a good look at my siblings. If one drooping eyelid in the family appears, that's going to change everything.

Abby
currently on Imuran, which my doctor is sure is going to send me into remission soon.
Stellatum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote