View Single Post
Old 08-11-2011, 02:14 PM
kittycapucine1974

kittycapucine1974

Hi, Mary:

Did your husband's doctor tell you both what causes this icy cold feeling? Is there a medication he takes to control this feeling?

Even if I put on several shirts and jackets, with a thick blanket to cover my body, I can still feel this icy cold feeling.

Of course, the boss, colleagues, and clients at my workplace look at me in a strange way, as if I am an alien, because it is not supposed to be cold in the tropical island (Tahiti) where I live. I told them it is my RSD, not the weather. Those who do not believe me roll their eyes and grimace; those who believe me do not want anything to do with me, as if what I have will contaminate them.

To some people, it might not seem like a big deal to live with this icy cold feeling but to me, it is. My RSD pain is controlled very well with my various medications (Duragesic, MSIR, Tambocor, Relpax...) but nothing seems to help with this icy cold feeling. I feel sooo depressed and desperate that sometimes I just want to die if it is the only way to stop this symptom.

Quote: "On the days he is able to take showers, he freezes and has cold through his entire body, with chills. He has mentioned this to various doc's, but no one really pays attention." How can a doctor be so uncaring? Does he even have a heart? I wonder!

Thanks for your information. When I finish typing the reply to the next post, I will just take my two-year-old baby boy with me to the restroom and cry silently until I have no more tears left (I am at my workplace). I cannot continue living like this. No, I cannot. What kind of mother can I be to my son since I am always sick with one RSD symptom or another? Thanks for letting me vent.