View Single Post
Old 08-11-2011, 03:51 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne4tos View Post
I couldn't endure listening to the entire presentation as his speaking skills were frustrating, so I read the text below.
Yeah, of the 90 mins, 30 of them were "uh, uh".

Quote:
I like a lot of what he had to say and his "theories" seemed reasonable, but the no stretch rule is confusing me. I can see never purposely performing a stretch, but I stretch throughout my entire day in normal activities. Driving is the first thing which pops in my mind, turning to back the car up, merging on the freeway, etc.

Is there a difference from what he terms a "stretch" to normal day to day movement?
I would think so. In day to day life, you don't hold those positions for very long, and you only carry them as far as needed. In intentional stretching, people might hold a stretch for 30 seconds or longer, and they might consciously or unconsciously put a fair amount of force in the stretch, often using an arm to pull the body part further. That seems very different than ordinary usage, right?

Quote:
I was also wondering if anyone ever had the maneuver performed on them which he describes as shoving the costoclavicular (think this was the muscle) up under their clavicle until they want to scream, waiting for the 10 to become 0 in pain and then releasing? I may ask my PT to torture me and see what happens.
I have not and would also love to hear from anyone that has. Also, if anyone is in the midwest, I hereby volunteer them to go get treated by Stoxen and report back the results.
chroma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote