View Single Post
Old 08-11-2011, 05:19 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default When I got out of the pool, I couldn't walk!

I know that cold effects my feet, but I had no idea to what extent until the other day.
I took my granddaughter to the public pool, and was really surprised at how much my feet and legs had detioriated! I couldn't swim a lap across the pool. (It was a regulation swimming pool)... and my feet cramped up afer treading water for a while.
Then when it was time to get out, of course I went up the ladder, and when I got to the top, I sat on the edge of the pool and actually had to lift my feet out of the pool with my hands. My feet from the middle of my chins down were numb. I couldn't even lift them! I just sat there on the edge of the pool in the sun, warming up for about 15 minutes. Finally I got enough feeling back to walk back over to the towels/chairs.
That was REALLY SCARY! What is going to happen to me this winter? I plan to spend the winter in Missouri. Where it SNOWS! Will I lose feeling again? How do those of you who live in colder climates manage this?
I am really afraid of this happening again. This is a really scary feeling, not being able to walk, or stand, or use my feet!

Peripheral Neuropathy Since 2004
Learning to give my mind and body the care and feeding it needs to serve me to the fullest, so I can continue to be here with my family and friends.
SeamsLikeStitches is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote