View Single Post
Old 08-11-2011, 08:13 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieB3 View Post
Might a muscle biopsy be something to do in the meantime? What's one more scar?
Heck, I don't mind. But my neurologist--this was back while they were still trying to diagnose me--said he's really reluctant to do a muscle biopsy, because they often come back confusing, and people get diagnosed with conditions they don't actually have. From what I've read since--anecdotally, mostly here--that seems to be the case.

OK, so I have been looking through FaceBook albums of my siblings for droopy eyelids, and I discovered SEVEN photos of one nephew, age one and a half, with a droopy right eyelid. The first one was so pronounced that I thought it must have just been a fluke of the camera, but then I found the others. There are also dozens in which his eyes are symmetrical. As far as I know, there are no health concerns about him--didn't have trouble eating, didn't walk late, nothing like that. He seemed like a normal toddler to me when I saw him recently. He is my brother's son. My brother has always been energetic, and he works construction.

I am just barely wise enough not to call my sister-in-law and bring up CMS (just barely), but I will certainly be paying attention.

Abby
Stellatum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote