View Single Post
Old 08-12-2011, 04:21 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Lyrica knocked me out. Literally could not stay awake on that stuff. I only took it for about ten days.

The scary part about Lyrica. It made me swell up with edema like you wouldnt believe. Scared the heck out of me and my neuro and my regular doctor. They made me go get an echocardiogram for some reason because of all the edema. (found something slightly strange with my heart, but said it wasnt anything to worry about...altho I've been worrying a bit about it lately. I think the weird heart thing was underlying, and not directly related to taking the Lyrica)

Lyrica is related to neurontin. Neurontin makes my feet and legs swell up like crazy, but it takes a few weeks for that to happen. Lyrica caused the edema for me within days. I quit Lyrica cold turkey (I dont recommend that at all) Apparently I'm one of a percentage of people that are sensitive to medications like Lyrica and neurontin. They never worked for me anyways, so I'm not worried about ever taking either of them ever again.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Concussed Scientist (01-21-2012), dd in pain (08-12-2011), Lady (08-31-2011), SallyC (08-12-2011)