View Single Post
Old 08-12-2011, 11:57 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Kitty,,
for me, the methadone is the one that really does the job! And, it's very inexpensive, it's stops the 'burning pain', (which, for you may be the icy pain). Cymbalta, I was incorrect, is NOT generic yet. It started as an anti depressant, then was found to have some good nerve pain relief too! Diazepam (generic valium) helps stop muscle spasms, headaches, twitches. My migraines are tied to the rsd, and also the Thoracic Outlet syndrome.

I've had rsd and tos since 83, and it took 7 years to get a dx! Hell. But, while it's not curable, it is manageable. Find the right 'cocktail' of meds, rest when you need to, eat good foods, etc.
Here, I pay about 20 dollars/ mos. for methadone and Diazepam. You may want to talk to your doctor about that. I take zanaflex (it's generic , I forget the name) at bedtime.

Also, go to
www.rsdsa.org
there is a load of info there, that you can show to your doctor!
I suggest you join their association. (If you can't afford it, tell them, they'll still help).

Keep your chin up, and think of some things that you like to do. Try to do them. Are there any people in your life that you can spend time with who understand your problem? Seek them out. We ALL deserve to have some fun occasionally!
How long have you had the monster?

We'll talk soon!
Be well as you can, and pray for life, not death!

Pete

asb