Thread: migraines
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2007, 09:44 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I never knew what a headache was until about 10 years ago when I got my first migraine. I only got about 1 a year. Right side of my head gets that lovely painful throbbing and I would get a bit nauseated. Come from out of nowhere with no "pre-warning" aura that some get. Usually disappeared within a day and I was back to normal.

But the last two years, they've become more frequent and intense, sometimes knocking me down for 2 days. Last week I got one so bad that swallowing my own saliva made me want to throw up. The headache lasted a full day and all I could do was lay down and literally not move. But the nausea lasted for 3 days. I couldn't eat anything and ended up at the doctors getting a shot of Tigan to settle my stomach and taking a couple of IV's to get re-hydrated. It sucked.

I have PD and I have migraines. I've never found anything in the literature that showed a relationship, but I've sure talked to lots of people with PD who get them, so who knows? All I know is that I have PD and I get brutal migraines. Life can certainly be an adventure...

Todd
PDTalks.com

Todd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote