View Single Post
Old 08-12-2011, 10:42 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hannah,

About 7 years ago Ibwas sent to my first rheumotologist for suspicion of Lupus due to my butterfly rash and Raynauds syndrome. The doctor did all possible testing and it all came back negative for Lupus.

2 years ago, I again went to a rheumatologist, still seeking a DX, and was told I did have a lot of positive indicators for Lupus including the butterfly rash, joint pain, Raynauds, etc... A lot of symptoms people with RSD share. I left again without a DX.

A bit later I was at a dermatologist, had a biopsy of my rash done and it came back as Discoid Lupus. A year later I was diagnosed with RSD. I do have other symptoms of Lupus and it would make sense, it's an inflammatory condition.

However, if it makes you feel Hannah, Dr. Shwartzman said there is no way my rashes are Lupus. He said it was extremely common with RSD due to the inflammation of nerves under the skin.

So, I'm still not sure, I just know steroid cream clears it up as does oral steroids. And, each time I follow up once a year for Lupus tests, the main detector stays negative.

Hang in there and don't stress, it'll only flare up your RSD enjoy your summer!
Reddawn600 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote