View Single Post
Old 08-12-2011, 11:55 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Hannah,
Yes, no worries about the ketamine, whethernitnisnornisn't Lupus, unless something was to come back in your blood work showing you were having organ problems because of the ketamine, I doubt they'll be taking you off, Lupus or not. If anything, it would likely help with Lupus symptoms to a degree.

Lupus testing can come up with a lot of false negatives and positives whichnis why it really needs to be a collection of a few tests plus a number of different symptoms to really get a true positive. I tested borderline positive on a few systemic tests but it's not enough to diagnosis systemic Lupus. I was on medication for it because I tested positive for the skin form and that does treat all forms of it.

I did feel somewhat different before I started those meds; more tired, achy and stiffer then usual. As for fevers, I never get them but I was getting a lot of hot flashes, cold sweats, chills, etc. Honestly, it's extremely hard to say because I started Ketamine treatments within a month of starting the meds for Lupus. I did stop the Lupus meds about 5 months ago and was in remission from RSD for a few months until I got sick and had a flare up. The rash on my face did flare up at the same time so I really don't know if its RSD or Lupus but, most importantly, if it's Lupus, it certainly doesn't seem to be progressing since I'm on Ketamine!

It's frustrating as can be not knowing but when even the doctors can't figure it out, as long as isn't harming me anymore, I'll let it go.
Reddawn600 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote