View Single Post
Old 08-13-2011, 07:48 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I've written a lot on this board about my experiences with low dose outpatient IV ketamine. TH and Fri I had my 46th and 47th infusions, respectively. my hand gets very sore from the insertion of the needle and the catheter, but amazingly enough, I've had no spread. I was supposed to have a chest port (or port a cath) implanted this week, but the scheduling got messed up, so I will have it implanted in 5 weeks when I get my next booster.

I get 200 mg each infusion, and I've never hallucinated. I do have a lot of problems with my stomach, especially if I go in without having something to eat beforehand. My nurse usually gives me 2 mg of versed throughout the infusion, a little a time, which helps me relax.

Like Dawn, I often don't sleep much while getting my ketamine, which takes the entire morning. the infusion is timed to run 50 mg per hour. once I get home I will sleep for several hours. This is mostly because the set-up at my doc's office is horribly uncomfortable, instead of lounge chairs he does the infusions in exam rooms on exam tables. I have a hard time falling asleep on them!!

Good luck!!!

Xoxox. Sandy
SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote