Old 08-13-2011, 01:35 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default hi christina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina G View Post
I know there aren't any scientific citations in this article, but I wanted to follow up to this.
As a young researcher, I believe that the old "permeable/nonpermeable" BBB theory is wrong. To believe that the brain should be somehow immunologically privileged is incorrect, in my opinion. Besides that, even if it should, we ALL have so many low-level (and sometimes not so low-level) chronic viral infections (herpes simplex, and epstein barr are the most notable) and chronic bacterial infections (queue Streptococcus), that, in theory, our brains are open playing fields for immune effector molecules.

There is an article illustrating that antibodies go in and play with the brain some, but I will try and come back to post it later (no link capabilities yet). Search Huffington post, and gluten impacts the brain.

Celiac disease runs very strong on both sides of my family - yet I am the only one who follows GF. My grandfather (and all of his siblings) has a mild from of early-onset Parkinsons - it kills me to think that GF many years ago could have saved his brain.

I'm not sure-wanted to check- by GF do you mean gluten free?
or Genome Factor? Growth Factor? Thanks!

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote