View Single Post
Old 08-13-2011, 01:57 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Unhappy Bad/sad news: DH's homecoming postponed

Well, as quickly as the news came that we thought DH was doing well enough to try coming home, things went sour. I don't know what happened, maybe even the thought of coming home scared DH, but yesterday was a very bad day for him. He was confused, hearing voices, crying, etc, all before I got there to see him at 12:30. Then we were told the county hospital had a bed for him, and were hopefully moving him last evening. Well, that fell through, at least for this week . We now have our sights set on next week.

So this morning, Tom called me and was hesitant to say something, just hemmed and hawed for a few minutes. Then I asked him if he was hearing voices again, and he said yes. I asked him what the voices were saying, and he said they were telling him to hurt himself. I told him to tell the nurses, which he did. I wanted to check, so I called the nurse's station and asked if he had spoken to them about the voices, and they said, yes, he had, and they are keeping him in the lounge, so they can make sue he is all right. The whole thing has me worried, very worried. then, about an hour ago, DH called me again, and I could tell by his voice that he was feeling better. He told me that he felt much better. I don't know what changed, nor does he, really, but I was SO relieved to get that second call from him!

That's the latest. What an up and down week this has been...

Andrea 1/24/83-1/18/11

My grandchildren

** friend me on Facebook: Jacquie Grande Preston

** L4/L5 fusion w/ hardware in 2002; taking daily pain meds
** proud Grandma of Angelo, age 8, Julianna, age 6, and Penny, 10 months

MY HUSBAND & I ARE RETIRED AND ENJOYING LIFE !!
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (08-13-2011), Dmom3005 (08-13-2011), Mari (08-13-2011), mymorgy (08-13-2011)