View Single Post
Old 08-13-2011, 02:05 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriella7 View Post
The mestinon (brand or generic) needs to have a desicant in the bottle to absorb extra moisture and stored in a dry place. I also found that the generic form was causing me to have diarrhea and the last day I took it I had gone 10 times that day. Just a small amount but was concerned as it was a clay colored and almost a bright orange.

I goggled and found this could be either a liver or pancreas problem. Yesterday and today I switched to the time released brand mestinon Timespan (2 - 12 hours apart) and the stools are back to normal color and I'm not having diarrhea. I do plan on discussing this with my neuro next Wednesday but it really amazes me that this drug is so variable in how it affects different people. I think I was taking too much of the generic brand.

Anyway, I just got through 3 more days of the IVIG/Solumedrol/Benedryl combo in the infusion outpatient room. This is an ordeal in itself and has got my days and nights confused as I usually sleep most of the 4 hour infusion and then go straight to bed when I get home.

What a DIY project this is!

Gabriella
yes that is true, always desicant in the bottles. have a beautiful day.

nevadabound is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote