View Single Post
Old 03-13-2007, 11:57 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Dear Peg...

My humble opinion. First, we are all full of toxins, that is what the liver and kidneys do for us, they break down and remove toxins. Untill the 18th century, these toxins were all from the natural breakdown of foodstuffs, and natural foodstuffs can contain many , many, toxins in themselves.
To have any greater degree of "toxins" in our modern world, would be from an abnormal exposure to synthetic toxins which are used in many jobs where workers are exposed to these materials. Thus you and most people are not exposed to abnormally high amounts of toxins. Now, one can have a natural allergic response to very small amounts of both natural and synthetic toxins, but identification of these conditions takes a well trained toxicologist a lot of time to figure out these "mysteries". Anything other than the obvious, from asking the patient a battery of questons and performing a series of body fluid or biopsy tests of a specific nature, is the only way to reveal abnormal buildup or allergic reactions to only a tiny number of things which could be responsible for ones "malaise" due to " toxic interactions". The body is so complex, and biochemical abnormalities so at times mysterious that not even a large team of the best toxicologists working on you, may come up with something of an answer, and then perhaps no way of a "treatment" to correct the situation.
These "alternative approaches to healing" are in my opinion, just organizations set up to make the patient feel as comfortable as possible, with a large dose of placebo interogation. If there methods truly worked, they would enter into mainstream medical practices.
I am a doubting THomas, yes, but I still do believe that there exists some degree of as yet unexplained ability of the body to protect and heal itself, based on evolutionary guided mechanisms, that ALL "doctors" are unaware of.
Now put yourself in an environment where you don't have to deal with the stress and strains of being alive. Some other person does the wash, the cooking, pays the bills, and make sure that you are in an environment that is so nice that it is literally "the comfort of Royalty". I'll bet that ANYBODY, under these conditions will feel much better, even to the point of exclaiming that they are "cured" of their disease. But that's not really the truth. If you don't have infinite resources to maintain the comforts that they provide, when you get back to your salt mine, and resume your role as the mule, that most of us commoers are, then those ugly symptoms are most likely to return, often with a vengeance.
I feel that you are entering the "Desperate" stage of the chronic diseases. This is when you feel that you can't possibly cope any longer. The only "cure for this is to be put on some "medication cocktail" of drugs that you haven't tried yet. And that takes time and money too.
Desparation; it puts you in bed. it makes you cry, it takes away yet more from you. The only way out is in a box; well, not quite yet. It's at this point that something must be done to prevent further acceleration in a downhill slide. Often , because of various reasons, we are not allowed to try tried and true "feelgood" medication. You know what I'm talking about.
There are many of us here who would gladly trade a few years more of miserable life, for taking drugs which may have toxicities of their own at high doses.
Well, if you can afford it, try one of these "clinics"; you'll probably feel better while you are there, but nothing stops our disease from advancing. Like cancer patients, we should be given the option of being "kept comfortable" untill our time comes, but as I said , that's not usually an option.
The metallic taste, I'm sure taht there is a medical term for this condition, but i also am sure that it does not mean that you are "full of toxins". I could go on, but my fingers say no. Peace to you always, and may your God lift up your heart . cs
ol'cs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote