View Single Post
Old 08-13-2011, 06:41 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

My first symptom was fatigue. I had it for several months. Then I slowly couldn't carry things. Started with heavy things and ended with not being able to hold a glass of water. With my legs I first couldn't skate as long as I was. I was training to start roller derby. My knees felt weak. Then I could no longer dance, run, jog. All I could do was walk. One of my eye lids wouldn't open all the way. Everything just started progressing after that. I couldn't chew food after a period of time. I couldn't talk because the muscles in my mouth were tired. I started seeing double and halos on every light. When I was finally diagnosed the bottom part of my lungs were no longer expanding. I was put in the hospital the week of thanksgiving 2008. It took about a year to get that far. I started with an ivig treatment. They didn't want to just start me on prednisone. The concern was that I would take a step back and get worse. I was on prednisone for a year. I started with around 100mg every other day. I also was taking mestinon. After a year of treatment I am pretty much medicine free. I only get fatigued some days. Nothing more. I hope this will last forever.
koilover512 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
KatG11 (08-14-2011)